Meet the Doctor
Dr. Matthew C. Kirkham, DC, CCSP
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
Introducing LaPorte Chiropractor Dr. Matt Kirkham
Coming from a family of "chiropractic sceptics", most of my family and friends would not have guessed that I would have chosen to become a chiropractor. Originally, I had set my sights on becoming a medical doctor or an architect. As I discovered more about health and how the body works, chiropractic made a whole lot more sense to me than medicine did, so I decided to become a chiropractic physician.
It was during my early teenage years that I suffered from frequent back pain as a result of playing a lot of volleyball. The jumping and twisting often caused intense pain in my lower back that shot down my leg on occasion. During this period of my life, I also suffered from intense migraine headaches that occurred every few months and only relieved after laying down and going to sleep. And since I couldn't sleep during school, when the migraines hit during the day, I just had to suffer.
I was 16 years old when I had my first chiropractic adjustment after one of my more severe episodes of back pain sidelined me from volleyball. I was amazed at how quickly my back pain went away and stayed away. As a bonus, over time I realized that my migraine headaches were no longer with me. Until this day, I have yet to have another migraine headache, and that was over 20 years ago! How was all of this relief and better health accomplished without ever taking a medication? The answer to that question is what led to my desire to become a chiropractic physician.
After researching a number of the top-rated chiropractic colleges, I found that I wanted to attend the "fountainhead" of chiropractic...Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. This is where chiropractic orginated back in 1895 when Dr. Palmer gave the first chiropractic adjustment which, believe it or not, healed his patient of deafness. Palmer College was also known for offering one of the most thorough medical and chiropractic training programs in the country. It also had one of the highest quality clinical internship programs and has been the leading force in the chiropractic college community. My desire was to become the best chiropractor I could, so I additionally focused my training on one of the most advanced, specific and hardest to learn chiropractic techniques known as the Gonstead Method.
It is OUR GOAL to meet YOUR health GOALS. We feel it is our responsibility to help you discover the CAUSE of your pain and health issues, to educate you about your health, and offer you choices or options to deal with those issues. Some of our patients only want pain relief and a quick patch-up for their problems, while other patients really desire to fix their health and spinal problems as wholly as possible, then maintain in order to prevent future problems from occurring in the first place.
How can we help you with today's safe, natural and effective chiropractic care? Give us a call so we can help you take your first step towards better health.
Commitment To Education
- Graduated from LaPorte High School
- Doctorate from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa
- Post-graduate specialty as LaPorte's only Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Past Instructor for Gonstead Methodology Institute
- Past Instructor for the Troxell Intern Program
"Patients today take a special interest in their health and the health of their families. It is a great reward to take part in restoring health and improving someone's life through Chiropractic."
- Board Certified Chiropractic Physician
- La Porte's only Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Advanced Training and Certification in the Gonstead System, the gold standard of specific full-spine technique in the profession
- Earhardt Advanced Radiology and MRI Interpretation
- Chiropractic Sports and Fitness Council participant
- Intensive Internship at the Troxell Chiropractic Clinics
- Personal Injury Certification, Impairment and Disablility Evaluation
"Ultimately, Doctor means Teacher. It is my goal to help as many people as I can, young and old alike, to achieve optimal health. To achieve this I must educate the public about what health truly is and what they can do to achieve it."
Personal and Professional Rewards
- Palmer University Honor Society, Dean's List, Graduated with Honors
- Completed post-graduate specialty as Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
- Received Gonstead Methodology Institute's Advanced Training Award
- Board Certified, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Part I, II, III, IV and Physio-Therapy
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association
- Member of Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni Association
For a full Curriculum Vitae on Dr. Kirkham - click here.
Call (219) 326-5100 Read Our Reviews Back To Health Chiropractic has had the distinct pleasure of helping thousands of people achieve better health naturally.